Ok, let’s be honest. Who doesn’t love secret sauce? I’ll even let you in on a secret – I used to ask for extra secret sauce for my French fries. Although I occasionally still get a “hankering” for that gooey, pickley, creamy sauce, these days my secret sauce is a bit healthier.
Did you know that High has its own secret sauce? Now, I wouldn’t dip my fries into it, but I definitely apply it to my face! High’s founder and formulator Melissa Jochim has used her “genius powers” to expertly formulate High using her own potent blend of ingredients - the “secret sauce”, that will leave your skin hydrated, protected and replenished. Let me tell you about it!
It’s All About the Oil
In her 30 year career, Melissa discovered that the Cannabis Sativa plant has amazing properties that are beneficial to the skin. Cannabis sativa seed oil is the basis of High’s organic skincare products. The tiny seed of this plant has:
- Highest percentage of essential fatty acids
- Fortifies the skin’s extracellular matrix and lipid barrier to help inhibit the dehydration of skin cells
- Is your skin’s daily dose of Vitamins A, B, C, D, E, beta carotene, phytosterols, phospholipids, and twenty amino acids
- Free of CBD and THC
Add in Bioflavonoids
She then combines Cannabis sativa seed oil with bioflavonoids and terpenes to make High’s BioCanna® complex, to mimic the whole plant’s chemistry. Now I know that these words can be overwhelming, but let me break them down for you and make them easier to understand. Bioflavonoids are found in plants, fruits and vegetables. They are what gives a plant its color. In research, it has been discovered that bioflavonoids act as antioxidants. When combined with Cannabis sativa seed oil and terpenes, bioflavonoids protect the skin in many ways. Red grape, cranberry, pomegranate, black cumin and broccoli plant oils are the bioflavonoids that are in our BioCanna® complex. These are the same bioflavonoids found in the Cannabis plant. Bioflavonoids benefits for your skin are:
- Helps calm inflammation
- Lowers skin’s cortisol levels
- Calms and soothes stressed and fatigued skin
- Protects with potent antioxidants
- Helps diminish fine lines and wrinkles
Finish with the Terpenes
Terpenes are the aromatic compound found in plants. Terpenes can be extracted out of the plant and made into essential oils. Bergamot, petitgrain and melissa officinalis (lemon balm) are the terpenes that can be found our BioCanna® complex. Not only do they give High its fresh, natural scent, they also provide:
- Adaptogenic action to help stabilize healthy skin function by adjusting to changing conditions and skin’s specific needs
- Normalizes skin’s acid mantle (protective barrier) and sebum (oil) levels for optimal epidermal barrier protection against environmental stressors
- Helps purify and detoxify skin
- Balances, hydrates and replenishes skin
By combining all three of these ingredients you get what is commonly referred to as the “entourage effect.” This means that the three work synergistically or better together, than alone.
High is formulated with Cannabis sativa seed oil along with certified organic plant oils, high-potency antioxidants and pure plant essential oils for healthy beautiful skin. Now that’s some secret sauce we could all use!