Exfoliation is an essential step in everyone’s skin care routine – especially if you deal with clogged pores and acne. Exfoliating your skin each week has countless benefits. It allows bacteria-killing oxygen to enter your pores, and it lifts away dead skin cells to allow the ingredients in your skincare products to reach living skin cells. While you may or may not already be exfoliating regularly, it’s important to choose the right type of exfoliant for your skin type.
If you are one of the many fans of our high maintenance CANNABIS PEELING MASK, you may have noticed that it doesn’t look or act like your average peeling mask. That’s because …it is a ‘gommage’. But what is a gommage, and what are the benefits?
While there are many popular scrubs, exfoliators and peels on the market, some of them are good for your skin while others should be avoided. Scrubs that are made using nut shells or other large, hard particles like microbeads can be problematic. There are some very popular, very well-known scrubs that may leave your skin feeling smooth, but they also leaving behind microscopic nicks and cuts in your skin. These types of exfoliating scrubs not only damage your skin’s protective layer, but they strip the barrier with its harsh ingredients and can lead to inflammation.
An exfoliating “gommage”, on the other hand, exfoliates, stimulating cellular renewal without causing damage or trauma to the skin or its protective barrier. This is one of the reasons why gommage peels are often favored by people with sensitive skin. Gommage is a French word that basically means to “erase”, “rub out”, “scrub” and/or to “exfoliate.”. Gommage peels are often made with enzymes or fruit acids to chemically exfoliate the skin. The peel is an “active peel” meaning you do not just let it sit on your face, but you massage it around your face which allows for it to exfoliate your skin. It works by evenly removing superficial dead skin cells and other impurities, revealing a healthy glow and silky, smooth skin. Plus, you’ll get the satisfying feeling of instant gratification that…let’s face it, we all love.
Most exfoliating products use one type of exfoliant to remove dead skin cells such as physical, chemical, or enzymatic. Our high maintenance CANNABIS PEELING MASK is formulated with all three types of exfoliants to purify, resurface and smooth your skin:
- Bamboo Stem Extract Powder & Microcrystalline Cellulose (physical exfoliant) – to improve skin’s overall texture and tone.
- Pineapple Fruit Extract & Apple Fruit Cell Extract (enzymatic exfoliant) – high in Vitamin C to smooth and resurface.
- Mandarin Peel Fruit Acid & Orange Fruit (chemical exfoliant) – high in Vitamin C, a potent antioxidant that can protect skin from free radical damage, brighten and stimulate collagen production.
- The exfoliating ingredients listed above are combined with Cannabis sativa seed oil and the ingredients listed below for additional benefits to your skin:
- Minerals (magnesium, zinc and copper) to energize cellular turnover and accelerate removal of dry, flakey skin.
- Sodium Hyaluronate – a super hydrator that binds 1000 times its weight in water.
- Petitgrain – one of the terpenes that balances sebum and revitalizes the complexion.
- Organic aloe juice – the product's base helping to hydrate your skin.
To use high maintenance, apply a generous amount to damp skin (after cleansing with high priority of course). Gently massage with a circular motion for several minutes to remove impurities and dull skin. You’ll probably notice a bunch of stuff sloughing off your face, which is a mixture of dead skin cells and the product reacting with oil and oxygen. Rinse thoroughly with a cloth for a smooth finish, and finish by applying a few drops of our high expectations CANNABIS FACIAL OIL for intensive repair & replenishment while you sleep.
For more information, or if you have questions , please feel free to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or book your personalized skin care consultation here.
[JG1]This isn’t finished so I added content