10 skincare resolutions you should make for 2021
Congratulations, we made it to the end of another year! New years resolutions are notorious for being hard to keep up with, which is why we created this list of ten new years resolutions for your skin that you'll actually be able to keep up with.
- Stay Consistent with Your Skincare Routine - consistency is key! Your skincare products will only work if you actually use them long enough to see results. Our skin regenerates itself on average over the course of four weeks whereby new skin cells form beneath the surface, replacing a matured cell which will eventually fall off.
- Simplify Your Skincare Routine - This goes hand in hand with creating a skincare routine that you can stay consistent with. A skincare routine that is both simple and effective is much easier to stay consistent with. Choose skincare products that are expertly formulated to deliver multiple benefits to your skin, like High.
- Cleanse Your Skin Every Night - No Exceptions! Make cleansing your skin your highest priority - preferably twice per day. If you can only commit to cleansing your skin once per day, make sure it’s in the evening before bed. This will remove the pollutants, oils and makeup that come into contact with your skin throughout the day, and will also allow your products to penetrate into the skin and deliver results.
- Wear Sunscreen Every Day - Always apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen (one that offers protection from UVA and UVB rays), every, single day. Don’t forget your neck, décolleté, hands and any other part of you that is exposed to the sun. Apply it as your last step after any skincare products, and before any makeup.
- Exfoliate Your Skin Weekly - Exfoliation is an essential step in everyone’s skin care routine – especially if you deal with clogged pores and acne. Exfoliating your skin each week has many benefits like allowing bacteria-killing oxygen to enter your pores, and lifting away dead skin cells to allow the ingredients in your skincare products to reach living skin cells.
- Apply Excess Product to Your Neck, Décolleté, And Back of Your Hands - don't let your precious skincare products go to waste!
- Get Enough Sleep - it's called beauty sleep for a reason! Did you know our bodies repair our skin while we sleep? Essentially, levels of the stress hormone called cortisol fall when we are asleep, which allows our skin to repair damage caused during the day.
- Eat the Rainbow - many of us experience skin issues because we don't have enough of certain nutrients like vitamins, minerals or essential fatty acids. This prevents our bodies from repairing damaged cells and keeping a strong, protective lipid barrier, and more. By eating colorful fruits and vegetables, your body will be able to perform all of the necessary functions to help you achieve healthy, beautiful skin.
- Use a Humidifier - humidifiers add water to the air, which helps prevent transepidermal water loss (TEWL) which is when water evaporates from our skin.
- Commit to using clean skincare products formulated with natural and organic ingredients. high is committed to using organic, natural ingredients and will never contain parabens & harsh preservatives, petrochemicals, pesticides, BPA & phthalates, sulfates, GMOs & gluten, PEG, MEA, TEA, DEA, propylene & butylene glycols, silicones, artificial fragrances or synthetic colors & dyes.