the key to achieving your skincare goals in 2022
With a new year right around the corner, many of us are starting to think about setting goals and resolutions for ourselves in 2022. Since you've found yourself here, my guess is that yours involve your skin! Whether you're wanting to reduce inflammation in your skin, clear up acne, brighten skin tone, slow aging or simply achieve healthier skin, there is one common denominator. The trick to achieving your skincare goals in 2022 is first and foremost going to be sticking to a consistent skincare routine long term.
Below, I've created a simple, yet highly effective clean skincare routine that everyone will be able to stay consistent with. Plus, I'm giving you some of my top tips and tricks for multitasking with your High Beauty products!
New to skincare? Start with these tips:
- Start slowly and allow your skincare routine to become a habit. Studies say that it takes anywhere between 18-254 days to form a habit, the average time being 21-66 days. The trick to forming a new habit is to start slowly, keep it simple and don’t try to change your life in one day. Even better? Turn your skincare routine into 'me time' and let it be something you look forward to each day to start your day off on a positive note, unwind, or both!
- Decide when you will be following your routine – AM, PM or both. If you are choosing to only follow your routine once per day, most estheticians will strongly suggest to complete your routine at the end of you day, before bed. Not only is it important to remove the makeup, pollutants and bacteria your skin has come into contact with throughout the day, your skin will be more receptive to the ingredients in your skincare products because your skin goes into rejuvenation and repair mode while you sleep.
- Keep it simple! If you are just starting out and find yourself overwhelmed with the hundreds of product choices, keep it simple. Cleansing and moisturizing are always the best place to start! We recommend cleansing with high priority CANNABIS (hemp) CLEANSING FOAM and high five CANNABIS (hemp) FACIAL MOISTURIZER for all skin types.
- If you are feeling like you can handle another step, I suggest adding in an eye gel to hydrate, smooth and prevent fine lines, and protect like high eye-Q CANNABIS EYE GEL. It is never too early to take care of your eyes.
- Finally, once you have this simple routine down, you can start exfoliating your skin once or twice each week. Try an exfoliating product that combines fruit acids with physical exfoliants like our high maintenance CANNABIS PEELING MASK which is effective, yet gentle enough for all skin types.
Are you a skincare pro? Try adding on these tips and tricks to your skincare routine:
If you have been into skincare for a while, you probably have your skincare routine down! Of course, by now you have included exfoliation and a facial treatment oil to your regimen, but did you know that your high beauty products can be used in a variety of ways? Here are some tips and tricks to multitask with your favorite High Beauty products:
- high priority CANNABIS CLEANSING FOAM – in a hurry, want to do a quick, mid-day cleanse and don’t have access to running water? Apply a couple of pumps of high priority in a circular fashion to your face, and then tissue it off. Your skin will be fresh, non-sticky and oil-free. Make sure to add a travel-size high priority CANNABIS CLEANSING FOAM to your makeup bag for quick touch ups!
- high maintenance CANNABIS PEELING MASK – is the winter weather leaving your lips dry and chapped? Apply a bit of high maintenance to you lips and move the product in a circular fashion. The three exfoliators – physical, chemical and fruit acids will lift the dry, flakey skin and reveal soft lips. Don’t forget to follow up with an application of high expectations CANNABIS FACIAL OIL for a healthy, moisturized pout!
- high expectations CANNABIS FACIAL OIL – this amazing oil will not only protect and hydrate your skin, it can be used to tame fly-away hair by applying a small amount to your fingers, then glide through your hair. You can also apply as a beard oil, use it to soothe dry cuticles, or as mentioned above, in place of a lip balm.
- high eye-Q CANNABIS EYE GEL – getting ready to apply your eye make-up and discover that you’re out of primer? Apply a small amount of high eye-Q to your lids for a smooth, shadow-ready palette! You can also store this soothing eye gel in the refrigerator for added depuffing “oomph”!
- high five CANNABIS FACIAL MOISTURIZER – with all the hand washing and sanitizer use 2020 has brought into our lives, our poor hands have taken a beating. Don’t forget that your hands age, too. Apply any extra high five to the backs of your hands for hydrating and protection. Of course – don’t forget to follow up with a good SPF!!
There you have it! I hope you enjoy my top tips as an esthetician for achieving your 2022 skincare goals. By staying consistent with this simple, yet highly effective clean skincare routine and adding in multitasking skincare products like High Beauty you'll be saying high to healthy, beautiful skin in no time.
And dont forget! When establishing new habits remember that habits take time – between 21 to 66 days on average! Don’t try to change your life in one day, and lastly but certainly not least, you are so worth it. Have a happy and healthy new year!!