learn more about CBG and its effects on the skin
what is CBG?
- Minor cannabinoid
- Free of THC & CBD
- Helps reduce blemish causing bacteria in your skin
- Helps soothe inflammation in your skin
Learn more about major & minor cannabinoids
There are approximately 150 identified cannabinoids in the cannabis plant. These cannabinoids are broken into categories of ‘Minor’ or ‘Major’. Major cannabinoids, like THC and CBD are widely know and have been studied for some time. Conversely, minor cannabinoids are relatively new, just being studied and are present in plants in low levels, usually less than 1%.
CBG is considered a minor cannabinoid. Because it is a precursor from which all other cannabinoids are synthesized, CBG is often referred to as the “mother” or “stem cell” of cannabinoids. CBG is studied for its many properties, including its ability to help calm inflammation and help kill bacteria. CBG is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid.
how does high use CBG?
High uses CBG in our high & bye CLEARING GEL and REFINING OIL. CBG was specifically chosen for these two products because it is the ideal ingredient to reduce blemish causing bacteria and help calm inflammation for flawless, beautiful skin.
SHOP HIGH & BYE NOW
High uses a more eco-friendly source to derive CBG which we call in our formulas. Our partner LYGOS uses a more eco-friendly method to produce.
- No pesticides
- Less water
- Quality and purity testing
- Free of harsh chemicals
Learn more about LYGOS
Lygos utilizes the tools of biology and chemistry to lead the way in creating the next generation of technologies that will drive the future of the cannabinoid market. Their patented, yeast-based platform enables efficient production of a wide range of natural cannabinoid compounds that are not easily accessible through agricultural means. cannabinoids are derived from specialized yeast in a pure and eco-conscious method. These are the same cannabinoid molecules produced by the cannabis plant. High skincare expertly formulates result-oriented products utilizing to target blemish-prone skin in our High & Bye Collection.
High sets high standards to meet your highest expectations. When it comes to cannabinoids in our skincare products, High is committed to the following standards to safeguard the quality and purity of our products.
High's high standards:
- Tested three times for quality and purity,including cannabinoid percentage levels and purity.
- .5% CBG in High & Bye
- Certificate of Analysis for every product.
- Clean, eco-friendly and cruelty-free.
- Formulated WITHOUT: Parabens & Harsh Preservatives, Petrochemicals, Pesticides, BPA & Phthalates, Sulfates, GMOs, Gluten, PEG, MEA, TEA , DEA, Propylene, Butylene Glycols, Silicones, Artificial Fragrances , Synthetic Colors & Dyes.
CBG & skin function
- Works with CB1 and CB2 receptors in the human endocannabinoid system.
- Penetrates basal and subcutaneous layer of skin.
- Helps calms inflammation and blemish causing bacteria.
- Assists with cellular turnover and sebum (oil) production.
Learn more about CBG's effects on the skin
Our bodies contain an endocannabinoid system (ECS) which has receptors CB1 and CB2. In the skin the purpose of this system is to help maintain healthy skin function. CBG interacts with the CB1 and CB2 receptors. Once CBG enters the epidermis (skin), it penetrates to the basal and subcutaneous layers where it helps calm inflammation, reduces blemishes, purifies pores, balances sebum (oil) production and assists with cellular turnover.